PAF stands for Professional Activities Fund. UBC’s Faculty of Applied Science provides this fund to undergraduate engineering students to help fund student projects, field trips, student teams, or conferences. This site will walk you through the PAF application process and provide you with all the resources necessary to apply for PAF. We value transparency and hope to provide you with all the information on how UBC’s Applied Science funding is spent.
Steps to Apply for PAF
- Read the Eligibility page to find out if you are eligible for funding.
- Follow the PAF Category Flow Chart to determine which category to apply to.
- Visit the appropriate application page determined by your PAF category.
- Read the Professional Activities Fund Guidelines for assistance in completing the application form.
- Download and fill out the Word application document and save as a PDF. Submit the application form via the online form located on the respective PAF category pages.
- Wait for the PAF Funding Committee and the PAF Governance Committee to formulate a decision.
- If you receive funding: