The Professional Activities Fund (PAF) exists to enhance professional development activities in the engineering undergraduate program at UBC Vancouver. It is designed to support co-curricular activities and projects that lie outside of, yet are complementary to, the engineering curriculum.
PAF is divided into four categories:
For projects to be eligible for PAF funding, they must meet the following criteria:
- The project must be student-run and organized, and have a clear goal
- The project must lie outside the engineering curriculum
- Recipients must be enrolled in Engineering
- The project must be directly related to the field of engineering
- The project must support the professional development of engineering students
- Projects shall only apply to one category of PAF
- Groups must consist of at least 75% engineering students
- Must not budget for carryover into future years
The following restrictions apply to organizations:
- PAF does not fund organizations, only projects
- Organizations may only be granted funding for 5 PAF projects per year
In addition, the following criteria apply to Design Projects:
- Groups must have secured a Faculty Advisory
- Groups must be listed as an Engineering Design Team and be open to new members.
PAF 2016-17 TIMELINE
|September||Applications open. Travel and Conference applications begin to be approved on a rolling basis.|
|October 21||Recurring Student Requests and Term 1 New Project applications close.|
|Late October/Early November:||
Funding Committee reviews new projects and recurring student requests, forwards recommendation to PAF Governance Board.
PAF Governance Board meets to approve funding requests and set funding envelopes.
|January 31||Applications for Term 2 New Projects close.|
|March||PAF Funding Annual Report is provided at Student Advisory Council for feedback; PAF Governance Board discusses feedback and provides recommendations for next year.|
|August 31||Last day for expenditure claims & final reports for all activities.|