Professional Activities Fee
- Introduced in 2003 to enhance professional development activities in the undergraduate engineering program at UBC Vancouver.
- Each undergraduate engineering student is assessed a fee of $100 per academic year.
- The monies generated from the Professional Activities Fee are used to support projects and activities that enhance the professional development of undergraduate engineering students.
Professional Activities Fund
- The purpose of the Fund is to support co-curricular activities and projects that lie outside, but yet are complementary to, the engineering curriculum.
- Not intended to replace University-level, Faculty-level, or Departmental-level funding that directly supports curricular activities.
- Meant to support short-term, student-initiated projects, subsidize student travel, and support sustainable activities that benefit the student body.